Requirements For Adopting Couples
- Be of the Christian faith and both active members of the same church, where both of you attend weekly
- Be at least 21 years old
- Married at least 2 years *
- Have a normal life expectancy
- Have not declared bankruptcy in the last 24 months
- At least one spouse must be a US citizen
- Be able to meet the financial expenses of the adoptive placement and support the child
- Applicants must be willing to meet birth parents’ requests regarding openness in adoption.
*If it is the second marriage for either party, you and your spouse must be married for at least three years. If it is a third marriage for either party, you and your spouse must be married at least five years.